Hood release -- the magic auto-opener

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood release -- the magic auto-opener
From: Andrew Frink <drewfrink@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 21:01:17 -0600
I've been driving the TR4 a bit around the neighborhoods, and I've
been having some trouble with the bonnet release. If I hit a decent
bump, the bonnet will pop open. Not an ideal situation! The cable
release, while looking fairly new, is fairly hard to use. I
disconnected the cable from the bonnet latch, and tried to use my
motorcycle cable luber on it, but since the cable wrap is open, it
just made a bit of a mess. It seems that the cable is sticking
somewhere, and the bonnet is not then able to latch fully.

Any thoughts? I'm going to try to take the cable all the way out and
clean/lube it to see if that helps. Then next thing I guess is to
look at fixing the hood alignment (it's a little out of whack).

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink
Salt Lake City, UT