Re: TR futures

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:08:25 -0800
Paige, Dean wrote:
I myself am a degreed Environmental Biologist.
Well golly, I'm a degreed Marine Biologist.  Do you suppose it makes us
knowledgeable about something?  At least to some degree?

 >I believe earnestly in the protection of our environment

Dido, a greenish ex-back to nature hippie here.

>that the production of each automobile and the subsequent scrapping
> of most cars over 20 years old consumes massive amounts of energy
> and generates mass amounts of pollution during the process.

Dido there too.  I feel that keeping these old vehicles on the road as
the daily driver saves a great deal of energy and resources over the
long run.  My two cars are 44 and 45 years old. Keeping them going as
daily drivers is greener than buying a new "green machine" every few
years.  Most people forget the resources and energy that goes into
making new cars.

This works with someone chastising your old LBC as not being green.  If
it is one thing I'm fairly good at it rationalizing my life choices.

TeriAnn
   Who just gave one of the reasons she has lived along the coast all
her adult life.  Well after leaving the commune that is.