Re: TR3A Body Queries

To: fpgowash@cox.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A Body Queries
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:03:22 EST
In a message dated 1/29/2005 2:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fpgowash@cox.net writes:

1. I am  told that The front of the car is a 1958 while the rear is from a
later  year (1959). A nice rear bench seat  and the curved body shape  where
the gas cap is seems to indicate a 1959+. I was also told that the  trunk
hinges are an indication of a later year then 1958.
=====
Sounds like a "clip" car to me, where -- for one reason or another -- the
"rear clip" of a later car was grafted onto the rest of an earlier car. If it
was done well, it's really no big deal, although it likely would never have
quite the value of an otherwise equivalent "correct" car.
=====

2.  Above the dash, along and close to the windshield, are a small handful  of
rather large diameter domed chrome bolts, or nuts, that I can't seem to  see
any where in diagrams . The garage is pretty cool right now here  in
Connecticut so I don't feel like looking behind the dash right now.  Anyone
ever heard of these or might this be another manifestation of  mating
different year body halves?

=====
If the small handful adds up to four, these would be mounts for the  optional
"Brooklands" racing screens. And yes, that was deleted for the later  cars

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)