RE: TR4 stuck coolant drain tap

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 stuck coolant drain tap
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:31:58 -0700
> I rebuilt my block and radiator taps a month or two ago.  They are pretty
> simple to do on the bench, but as I recall the spring was the weakest link
> in the assembly, and I couldn't find one locally that was the
> right size and
> tension.

Neither the tension nor the size is all that critical ... I just grabbed the
closest thing out of the parts bin and cut it to length with nippers.  My
originals were so badly corroded that one of them broke when I compressed it
to remove the cotter pin and the other had essentially no tension left.

Randall