Re: Fuel Pressure regulators

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure regulators
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:12:29 -0600
Scott Tilton wrote:

>I failed to mention that after I reconnected the hose and let the little
>fuel pump click away for a while . the car started right up and ran the last
>mile to work just fine.
>I was in a dual turn lane at a stoplight .. . so everyone saw me with my
>hood up and went around me.
>No hassles from irritated commuters. (thank goodness)

Scott, my wife lost the clutch in the '66 Volvo 122S wagon a few months
ago, same place in a dual turn lane. A reasonably convenient place to
break down.

It took me nearly an hour to get there. Lots of commuters going by, but
lots of friendly offers of help, can't hurt that it's a cute old car.
She counted the offers of help, a dozen each male and female. Funny part
is she said the handfull of jerks were *all* Ford SUV drivers. They'd
drive up right behind her without any apparent awareness she was broken
down -- hard to miss the open incredibly long hood of a Volvo Amazon let
alone the open tailgate -- then honk like mad.

I got there just in time, a handsome older fellow with a much nicer car
had stopped for the third time, and this time he brought a cold diet
coke. Phew! I'll bet he wouldn't make my wife drive troublesome classic
cars. :)

PS Like you I limped away. I had failed to bring a diet coke, however I
used the straw to siphon brake fluid from the brake m/c to the clutch
m/c just enough to get some clutch back and move the car; it needed a
new clutch master and slave. LBC content: boy, that clutch m/c looks
just like the one on a TR4.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO