overheating

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: overheating
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:02:44 -0400
From:   "David Brister" <brister@tiscali.fr>
Wrote:

. My point is that if your
engine and radiator are reasonably clean and your engine timing and mixture
are somewhere close to standard, TRactor motors do not overheat.(in TR4A's
anyway.)

My friend's TR4A is overheating and its exactly as you describe.

Turns out he didn't have any coolant in it.
Or maybe he didn't have a fan belt.
Or maybe it was a broken thermostat.

Yeah .. I'm just kidding of course.

I think I'd revise the statement to say that there is nothing inherently
wrong with the design of the TR4 / 4A or its cooling system that would cause
them to overheat.

There is however, a myriad of variables and factors that can by themselves
or in conjunction with one another, cause them to suffer from overheating.

I get pissed off when someone trashes an entire class of vehicles because of
problems encountered with a few of them:  i.e. "all triumphs overheat in hot
weather when left to idle for a long time"

That's malarkey.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday

 -----