Re: We've returned from London-Smart car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net i6NIL2t2012016
Subject: Re: We've returned from London-Smart car
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:20:52 -0600
  I spent the better part of Jan and Feb in the south of france and
Paris. The Smart cars were everywhere!  Designed by SWATCH and
engineered by Daimler. The basic model is called the "fortwo" and it
holds two. They have just introduced the "forfour" which of course has
four doors and four seats. 8000 UK pounds. They also build a sports
car,or roadster and a "Roadster-Coupe"    for 12,000 UK pounds.
I don't know about the states but they will be available in Canada
soon, perhaps this fall.

The british distributor has a website at http://www.thesmart.co.uk/

I especially liked the
Smart car seemingly available everywhere.  Too bad it isn't available
here
in the states as I would definitely have considered one, especially the
little convertible!  It sure would help the traffic (and fuel)
situation if
the owners would trade in those large SUVs with only one or two people
in
them that seem so prevalent around here for something like those.