R&P TR3b

To: "<triumphs@autox.team.net> <triumphs@autox.team.net>" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: R&P TR3b
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:44:37 -0700
Well, I finally sent off my $950 to B.A.R. for the Rack & Pinion kit
for my TR3b. ouch!
Been saving up for months...
I also have saved the front end rebuild kit I got at the TR Shop in
London a few months back. All new bushings and trunnions, etc.
Also have a set of later upper a-arms that will give me 3 degrees of
camber or is it castor...?
This is gonna make a HUGE difference as the front end is seriously
sloppy at present and the steering is a bit stiff.
Ted from BAR promises a light turning wheel with only a 14" diam wheel!

In the last month I have put on new rotors and pads, speed-bleeders,
redone the front calipers with new seals and s/s pistons as well as s/s
flexible lines throughout, new cylinders and shoes in the rear, kept
the original drums that measured out ok, bleed well and they still need
a bit of a pump to feel entirely firm.
You CAN lock up the car without the extra pump but it feels like the
pedal goes too far down. If I tighten the rears one more notch there
would be considerable drag when turning the wheel by hand.

I am going to have to remove the apron and have the radiator out
anyway, so I am gonna send it in for a new core...triple???

Any thoughts appreciated

regards to all

Bill Bryant
Northern Cal