Ansa Exhaust revisited

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ansa Exhaust revisited
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@MSN.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:15:07 -0700
Seal-send-time: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:15:07 -0700 FILETIME=[0B145470:01C42DEC]
I do have old Ansa catalogs and they do show specific systems for each model.
This was the hallmark of Ansa and what makes them better than some others.
I, too, talked with them about reproducing the TR systems.  They are looking
into doing the dual pipe system for TR6.  But they are a very long way from
production.  Italy is not very receptive.
Having said all that, when my exhaust needed new mufflers, it was a Pacesetter
system I had inherited from previous owner, I went to a custom exhaust shop,
talked to them about what I wanted and the sound I wanted.  They had me stay
while they worked on the car and consulted me throughout the operation.  My
car has the single pipe back to a Y that splits into two pipes.  I ended up
with 22-inch glass packs with 7-inch resonators on the end of each Y.  They
attached the resonators with a slight upward angle so they tucked under the
rear valance nicely.  they sound is GREAT!  Louder than stock, but not too
loud, with a wonderful deep tone.
Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver