Ansa Exhaust revisited

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ansa Exhaust revisited
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:28:12 -0400
The recent Ansa exhaust system thread has me wondering about something,

My first TR4, which I got back in 1986, had an Ansa muffler on it.
Sounded great.
That combined with the fact that it was my first car sort of set MY standard
for what I liked.

I actually still have that muffler somewhere in the parts pile.
The chrome tips aren't exactly shiny .. but I think it is still sound.

In any event .. . It got me to wondering . . . do we really need the entire
Ansa exhaust system for our cars?
Isn't the muffler really only the important part?
Surely they didn't make the muffler specific to a particular TR.
Looks like a pretty "universal" to me.

So . . . I was wondering .. does anyone have an old ANSA catalog?
Or even an old LBC catalog that might show ANSA systems in there?

(I'm kind of curious if they made several different varieties of complete
"systems" for the TR6)

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday