Re: TR3 and oxygen sensors

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: TR3 and oxygen sensors
From: ron meek <rmeek8@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:13:20 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
When I dyno a car I always use one of my widebands placed in front of any
cats and the dyno facility uses a
wideband tailpipe sniffer. In the case of cat equipped cars I see a
consistent offset 0f 1/2 of a point in single
cat systems and .7-.75 of a point in cars with two cats per bank.On
carbureted cars I see only a couple of tenths
difference between my sensor(usually placed in a collector or just past
the collector) and the tailpipe sniffer.
Any well designed exhaust system should have only a couple of pounds of
back pressure so those effects should be
negligible.

Ron

p.s.
Randall, you're one of the reasons I don't post much. By the time I can
come up with a response you've
already responded with a great response.