RE: TR3 and oxygen sensors

Subject: RE: TR3 and oxygen sensors
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:49:26 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
ron meek wrote :

> If you didn't use a wideband sensor you cannot get any meaningful
> results.

I disagree Ron.  I'm quite familiar with the debate, and aware that
conventional O2 sensors are not at all accurate near the points of interest
(ie maximum fuel economy and maximum power).  However, they are quite
accurate at a point in between those two points (ie stoichiometric); and
that point is a reasonable, useful approximation to both of the other
points.  Especially since we were only talking about setting idle mixture,
being able to find stoichiometric (and move a small amount either way from
that point) is meaningful.

Randall