RE: TR3A Tie rods - safety question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Tie rods - safety question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:01:03 -0700
> The tie rod end on the passenger side (US, LHD) appears to have
> come "loose".
> Take a look at the photo that's up at
> http://home.earthlink.net/~adrianjones747/

>From what I see Adrian, it's not (necessarily) 'loose', just missing the
grease boot that normally surrounds that part of the joint.  The boots are
available separately, but unless you're certain the joint is still in good
shape, I'd suggest replacing the joint and the boot.

Being run with no boot means that sand may have gotten into the joint and
scored it, which could possibly lead to breakage.  Trust me, you really
don't want to break a tie rod end !

Randall