Re: Engine Interference with Steering Rack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Interference with Steering Rack
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:32:42 -0500
Larry,

There was a discussion about this a while back.  I'm not sure what the
specific cause of your problem could be - particularly if you replaced the
engine mounts.  Could it be a problem with the rear engine mount?

I don't have very much clearance on my TR4.  In fact, I doubt I could
actually change my fan belt without loosening the front engine mounts a
little (I was told this was typical),  but it definitely does not rub.

Good luck!

Kurtis J.
Russellville, AR
1963 TR4