TR-4 Windsheild Wiper parts needed.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-4 Windsheild Wiper parts needed.
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:21:47 -0400
Hi folks,

It's been kinda wet over here in Virginia lately.
I've been nursing the Windshield wiper system in the old beater TR4 for
quite a while now.
Finally decided I ought to get into it and see what all is wrong.

I took the motor assembly out last night and it looks salvageable with a
little TLC.
It's had a rough life though.
There is some mysterious previous life body damage in that area of the car .
. . pretty smashed up . . .looks like someone dropped a very heavy object
from a good height on that area.

I'm going to do what I can to pound out the depression that allows water to
pool right there by the commission plate and under the wiper motor.

The bracket that the motor mounts to is pretty F'd up though.

I could probably pound it out and make it useable with some effort, but I
thought I'd check with  you listers and see if any one had a spare one
around they wouldn't mind parting with.
If I have to buy the whole wiper motor assembly, I'll do that.  Can't hurt
to have a spare around I'd guess.   I really only need the bracket and the
studs that mount the motor to it though.

If I'm correct, the car has a TR4A wiring harness and provisions for a two
speed wiper motor.
If anyone has one of those they'd part with, that'd really be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton