Re: [Wedge] 78 TR7 Fuel Pump Update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Wedge] 78 TR7 Fuel Pump Update
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:27:32 -0500
>  The fuel filter is definately not the
> problem and is installed correctly.  I cannot get the fuel pump to pump
gas up
> to the carburetors.  I installed a new fuel pump with the proper spacer
and I
> am not getting any fuel flow from the pump.  I removed the new pump and
> installed the old pump and again no fuel flow through the pump.  What is
the
> problem here?
>
> Richard

Richard, I'd take a look at how much gas you can actually siphon from the
gas tank outlet.  Sounds like the blockage is there.  Could be a flake of
rust in there, common enough.  Too, a magnet on a long extender stuck down
the neck of your gas tank may fish out a sense of what your tank's condition
is in.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  TS 58667 (Off the frame and in pieces, but all the engine
components are in for rebuild!!!!!)