Re: Ohms Law...

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ohms Law...
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:29:00 -0500
> > ...So, if you lost one or two of the
> > wires for some
> > reason (i.e. accidentally cut through), you would be operating on a fuse
> > base that gets comparatively bigger relative to the actual wiring left.
Terry
---------------------
> True, but the same thing applies to a single conductor that is partially
> cut.  Or has individual strands break at a connection.
>
> Randall

That's true.  I thought of that.  The difference is, with a single wire with
snapped strands, the overloaded wire will blow at the point of weakness:  at
the snaps.

On the other hand, with parallel wires linked at the ends, the pop could
happen at any one place...or even different places as one wire blows in one
place, overloading the remaining wire(s), which blow(s) elsewhere on the
line(s) at their own point of weakness.  Voila!  Tres amusing while the
circuit tests out as complete (until you test each wire), yet performance
flutters!

Terry Smith
'59 Tr3A