Re: Best speeding lines...

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best speeding lines...
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:55:29 -0000
Hi Dean
I think the first thing I was told about driving by my Dad before anything
to do with the car was, "if you are stopped you say Yes sir no Sir anything
you say Sir".
I managed it the first few times, but there was this one time in my old
Herald Estate car, 3AM been out for the night, dropped the girl friend home
after the disco, it was such a lovely night and I was feeling wide awake so
I went for a drive down along the sea front, Pc plod followed me for a
while, I was just turning in to the estate where I was living and he put on
the blues, he was so close if I had stopped rather than rolling to a stop he
would have hit me, (sometimes wish I had stopped) I stepped out of the car
as he did and slapped the roof and said "and now what?" completely taken
aback he mumbled something about a stolen car and I matched the description
of the driver, gave me a producer (take drivers licence insurance and MOT to
local station) and left. I got home and then thought I should have asked him
if the car matched the description of the stolen car, If heed said yes I
would have been able to call him a liar as Mine was the only one in white
with a black roof on the Island in fact mine was the only Herald 1360 Estate
on the Island.
This was about the 10th time I had been pulled and the 3rd time that month!
Last time I was pulled I was driving my nice tidy 2.5PI and the Police car
passed us and turned round to follow and stop us, another producer!
Some times I wish they would pick on a newer car or perhaps try and catch
the AH that turned over my foreman's house or perhaps secure a conviction on
the one who knicked his car, instead of screwing up the evidence and letting
him get off!

Graham