RE: Too Lean TR6?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Too Lean TR6?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:19:19 -0800
> Well, I hate to bother you guys with this one but I have been trying to
> crack this problem for weeks now and I seem to be no closer. If anyone has
> any other ideas on what I should try, I would appreciate any advice since
> top-down weather has arrived here.

I'm definitely not a TR6 guru and this is just a WAG but ... have you
verified that the carb float bowl vents are opening properly ?  If memory
serves, a 74 has little valves on the carbs that open to vent the bowls to
the air intake when you start to open the throttles.  If they were staying
closed, the bowls would remain exposed to the slight vacuum in the emission
control system, which might interfere with mixture.

Also, have you tried disconnecting the anti-run-on solenoid ?

Randall