I Love San Diego - Take It Off Day

To: "'Geo Hahn'" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I Love San Diego - Take It Off Day
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:30:50 -0800
When I first sent out this email to the list I didn't think I'd get the
response I did. My original comment was to tell everybody how stoked I was
that I could drive top-down again after 3-4 weeks of rain and confined
driving. The defensiveness of territorial rights was pretty apparent in
some of the responses, and rightly so. Living anywhere in the free world is
great.

I am really upset though seeing a lot of convertibles with the top up. In
fact almost 3 times as many up, then down. The owner of the Bentley Azure
had his top down. So did the Porsche owner. But, an MG owner had the top
up. Figures. I wanted yell out to those top-uppers to "Take Your Top Off",
especially the women drivers.

Maybe we need a national "take it off" day, and expose ourselves. We LBC
drivers started a lot of the convertible revolution during the 50's and
60's. How can we get this started? Is April too soon? How about the day
after tax-day? Can we entice the cops to give tickets if they don't have
 the top down?  I'm sure our "terminator" GOV would like that!

Take it off, let's get naked!
John in San Diego