RE: manifold nuts to general nuts

To: "'Gene'" <geneglenn@qwest.net>, "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'triumph listserv'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: manifold nuts to general nuts
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:26:38 -0800
Gene,

You must have quite an Ace Hardware where you live!! :^)  Seriously, there
are items that you just cannot get at ACE Hardware.  I have never known
McMaster to have a minimum order (in fact, this morning I purchased   some
shims from them - I think the total was about $5.00 before shipping).  On
the website, they list minimum quantities (depends on item), if you call
them, they will sometimes sell you less.  If you want to buy "onesie-twosie"
quantities of fasteners, Aircraft Spruce is good for Aircraft grade bolts
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/) and Bolt Depot is good for Grade 5 and
Grade 8 stuff (http://www.boltdepot.com/).  If you want Stainless Steel
stuff, MSC Fasteners is a good source (http://mscfasteners.com/index.html).
I personally don't mind buying a box of Grade 8 nylocks or washers - I know
that eventually I'll use them and generally I always seem to need one at 8
PM on a Sunday night (when Ace is closed).

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA (we have an Ace AND a Tru-Value!!)
'73 TR6