Re: Cleaning overflow & WW plastic bottle

To: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning overflow & WW plastic bottle
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:04:51 -0600
Mitchel Seff wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there a good way to clean the plastic bottles from the overflow & WW.
> They are clean on the inside but the outside has yellowed. I have tried
> soft scrub and green pads with little success. If the cost of chemicals
> exceeds the replacement cost of the bottles I'll let my fingers do the
> walking to one of the big three.
> As always , thanks

I believe the change in color is mostly due to heat--it's a chemical change in
the plastic due to elevated temperatures
and the presence of ethylene glycol. A new bottle is likely the cheapest and
most cost-effective way to pristine condition.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.