Bad experience.

To: Triumph_TR4 <Triumph_TR4@hotmail.com>
Subject: Bad experience.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:06:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
For those of you in the Santa Cruz area I have to report that I have had
disappointing to bad experience with a local firm.  It is Santa Cruz
Metal Polishing.

I took them my windshield wiper motor casting for polishing the first of
Aug.  The guy there said it would cast $150.00 to polish.  I said go
ahead I want it to look good. Ten days later I went back and they had
not polished it.  Another guy now said it was too tedious to polish and
that I should powder coat it.  He knew a guy he could send it to.  I
said OK.

I got the parts today and the aluminum base for the wiper cable looked
like the powder coater had blown his nose on it before he coated it.  I
paid for the parts and ran some errands and then went back.  I nicely
explained to the guy that I knew it wasn't his fault but that the powder
coating was terrible and I though it should get redone.  He began
telling me that the glob of crap on the side of the housing was part of
the casting and that is why he hadn't wanted to polish it.  So out came
my knife and I cut the glob of crap off of the housing onto his counter
in front of him.  He then said he would talk to the powder coater.

He also said the company doing the powder coating is called S & S.
There is no such company listed in the local telephone book.

I am going to bear with this problem on the outside chance this guy will
get the part recoated.  If he doesn't make it good I will take it to the
powder coater I have used in Salinas.  It is an hour drive to get there
but they have done fantastic work at fair prices.

        Best regards,
        Tom