Re: Laycock or Borg n Beck ?

To: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>, Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net, jamiep@concentric.net, jsnable@mac.com, tr6@pipeline.com, shershman@fmsp.com, akelliott@mindspring.com, kai@radiohead.net, jrurhh@aol.com, jtarnow@lehman.com, g.dito@worldnet.att.net, dncullig@us.ibm.com, beaver@spillmanco.com, ebers@wpa.net, fogbro1@comcast.net, trstreep@avenew.com, suhringtr36@comcast.net, k6na@cts.com, heat391@earthlink.net, dbrackin@charter.net, rcongrove@yahoo.com, ryan.van.luchene@celeradiagnostics.com, shawn.dearman@sympatico.ca, davjohnston55@yahoo.com, dbh@hamengr.com, drs@socal.rr.com, fasttrs@mindspring.com, pooleyj@ns.sympatico.ca, johneckland@hotmail.com, britishtr6@earthlink.net, cdavies@holzher.com, aschwarz11@comcast.net, greg.meythaler@intel.com, sakirsis@txucom.net, forzion@maine.rr.com, nariedel@adelphia.net, glenn.rierson@verizon.net, englishauto@MSN.COM, ktnkt@cape.com, tr6bills@cs.com
Subject: Re: Laycock or Borg n Beck ?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:40:57 -0500
At 08:22 PM 8/19/03 -0700, Pat Leask wrote:

>My question to all is, should I continue to use the new BnB pressure plate
>or put in my Laycock when I install the GUNST bearing ? I assume the disk
>fits both ?

I have a Laycock clutch in my TR6, in service since 1985, and a Laycock
clutch in my TR4 vintage race car. Both work great. My friends race with
the Laycock clutches as well in their TR4's. Recently, one of them with a
street TR6 replaced a B&B with an LUK (successor to Laycock) and was
thrilled with the difference (he had contemplated selling the car, he was
that unhappy with the old clutch).

YMMV.

Good luck,

Irv Korey