Re: Help - paint color

To: ggelhar@gosignup.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help - paint color
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:20:13 EDT
Glenn,

It warms the cockles of my heart that you may paint your TR3 Silverstone
Gray.  I have yet to see another Silverstone Gray TR3A at any show, other than
my
own..  My 59 was originally Silverstone Gray and I kept it that way when I
restored it.  I had a paint shop (PPG paint) do a color match from some
original
body parts that weren't exposed to the sun and the weather.  Even with the
color comptor they still had to do some hand mixing to get the correct shade
which is a warm gray, but because of the hand mixing, I don't have  a paint
code
to give you.

But don't give up hope!  The "Dove Gray" of an early MGB is the same shade as
near as I can tell.  I ran into an MGB owner at a show last year and he
brought his car next to mine and the color matched.  He said that the paint
shop
was able to use the MGB code to get a match.

I hope that this helps a little.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS 58399L, Silverstone Gray
Southington, CT