Rust

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 07:48:38 -0700
Hi List,

I picked my car up from the bead blaster on Weds.  It looks great.

One comment the bead blaster made that i thought I would pass along.  I
had used silicone to seal the area under the master cylinder mount on my
TR3A.  Disassembled twenty years later and there is rust in the sealed
area.  The bead blaster told me that silicone actually promotes rusting
when used against steel.  He said there is some kind of weather
stripping goo that should be used in these areas.

Any comments?

        Thanks,
        Tom