RE: Beer - Canadian Beer

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Beer - Canadian Beer
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:03:42 -0700 FILETIME=[A617D6C0:01C34BE5]
> Oh yeah and lets make this more Triumph related.  Take the European TR7
> compared to the American TR7.  Much less horses.  And I think, but am not
> sure, that this happened during much of the production years of the TR.

While that's true, starting in about 1968 with the TR250, the problem was
not horsepower per se, but rather emissions.  The US led the world in
setting tailpipe emission standards, and Triumph never did figure out how to
make an engine both powerful and clean.

I've always found it ironic that while VW and other makers were going to
fuel injection just to meet US emission standards, Triumph was going the
opposite direction.  They finally saw the error of their ways around 1979,
but by then it was too late.

Randall