Re: Good Beer, Now Favorite Beer Survey

To: "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Beer, Now Favorite Beer Survey
From: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:27 +0200
Friends.
Being a European and true Euro-wannabe  [in the European meaning of the
word - We're having our currency referendum on September 14] and a firm
believer in a federalistic European Union being the only possible slow
down force available to restrict current imperialistic tendencies in the
US [regarding beer - and in other areas too] I must stress that beers in
Europe are as diverse as the stars in the universe. So to broadly talk
about European beer as a singularity is not true. The only kind of beer
we don't drink over here is the watered down kind so common in the US.

Personally I prefer a dark, full bodied lager. Slowly sipped at the
correct temperature. [Drinking beer when warm and thirsty is purely
barbaric - water is a better drink then.] Beer is painstakingly brewed
to be enjoyed for what it is, not just for showing it down a dry
throat... For instance; Whoever would think of gulping a Spitfire Ale
the way a can of Miller, Schlitz or Budweiser can be flushed down a
throat!?!

Call me a beer snob if you like, I don't mind.
Beer is serious stuff ;-)
Regards
/Odd

Compulsory LBC/Wedge contents:
Today the R380 gearbox and the LR 3.9 engine was finally married
together on the garage floor... A true milestone in my TR8 rebuild.
Celebrated with a bottle of Vibroe Argangsol. Full bodied - and STRONG!