Re: BEER I dont like Budwieser

To: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BEER I dont like Budwieser
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:48:19 -0400
At 09:45 PM 7/15/2003, John Peacock wrote:
>What do you think?  An I still allowed to drink my reformulated Guiness?

Hi John...

You should be aware that in the States, Guinness in the cans and bottles
WITH the widget (the thing inside that explodes to release CO2 inside the
can, creating fine bubbles for that "just pulled" essence) are indeed
imported from Ireland and are NOT bottled or brewed in Canada.  The bottles
to which you refer, bottled in Canada (I believe by the Coors group), and
without the widget are horrible.   I'm not sure why all three versions of
Guinness are sold here, but the moral of the story is: Choose your Guinness
wisely here in the USA.  BTW, my technique for a terrific Guinness here in
the States... Open the can or bottle, with widget, and immediately invert
180 degrees into a genuine Guinness pint glass, available from
www.guinness.com.  Nothing like it.  A couple of years ago I was in Dublin
with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, stayed at a hotel across from Trinity
College, and took a tour of the Guinness brewery.  At the end of the tour
you are on the top floor, sipping Guinness and looking over the city of
Dublin.  Again, nothing like it.

Cheers,
Blake Discher, Detroit

----
PLEASE SPONSOR ME!  Driving my British car to benefit Hemophilia
Foundation:  http://www.mibrr.com
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph