Re: Where to get Veneer for dashboards?

To: "Steven W. Reilly" <luckyone@sentex.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where to get Veneer for dashboards?
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:18:50 -0400
Go to "Rocker Woodworking" (search on goggle). They are a woodworkers supply
house and have the original "Walnut" veneer in 2' x 4' sheets and all the
glue and instructions you'll need, very affordable (NFI). A lot of people
also use the Cherry which is very "warm" and has the "aged" look from new,
real nice also. But if you're going for originality, go Walnut, European if
possible.

Most people use a Tung oil finish after gluing (or "contact cementing") down
the veneer for a really great look. There are lots of tips and instructions
on the various Spitfire/GT6 sites as well, Good luck

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red
70 BSA 441 Victor Special