Fan Belt Replacement

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan Belt Replacement
From: Ian Clough <mc_ian@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Everyone,

I'm installing a new fan belt on my '75 TR6.  I was
under the impression that I only needed to move the
cross-member-tubing-thingy away from the pully to slip
off the old belt, but I found that the steering rack
is also in the way!! Am I missing something??  Does
the steering rack also have to be moved??  My Haynes
manual mentions NOTHING about the rack!  Damn!

Thanks,

Ian Clough
Ottawa

Ps. Please resist correcting the nomenclature of the
"cross-member-tubing-thingy" I'm grouchy enough over
this... ;-(