RE: Good TR Insurance suggestions??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Good TR Insurance suggestions??
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:18:39 -0700 FILETIME=[58AB5060:01C33B5F]
> Hello all list members,  my question is who has a good cheap and
> responsive
> insurance company (and they do windows too!!) ?

I use Mercury for all my car insurance, and house insurance.  With all the
discounts & whatnot, their rates were significantly less than State Farm
(and I detest SF anyway).  On the Triumphs, we have agreed on a "maximum
value" (which is not the same thing as "agreed value").  Basically if I have
a total loss, they pay only the "market value" at the time of the loss, but
no more than the limit we have agreed on.  If I want a higher limit (because
the car has become more valuable), it's my responsibility to contact them
and have it (and my rates) raised.

No losses on the Triumphs yet, but my Mom did back into someone with my
minivan.  Called Mercury, gave them the details, never heard another word
about it.  However, they did insist that, if my Mom was going to continue to
live with us and drive my cars, that she be added as a driver, which did
increase the rates slightly.  When Mom went home, I signed a form that she
would not drive my cars for the next 6 months, and the rates went back down
(even got a small refund check since I pay for my insurance in advance).

Randall