Re: Reducing exhaust sound

To: mhooper@pix-cinema.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reducing exhaust sound
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:03:00 EDT
Is your muffler currently before the rear axle?  If so you could add a glass
pack at the very end of the system.  The exhaust is quietest exiting the
muffler so having the muffler as the last part is better.  Try to size the core
of
the glasspack to match the current system ( one size larger is OK ) , too
large of a core and the sound level won't be reduced much.

You could also weld flanges on the rear muffler to allow quick changes from
highway to race exhaust.  A hose clamp makes a great quick change exhaust
hanger attachment.

Make sure the exhaust outlet is past the body/bumper.  If the outlet is under
the car sound levels inside will be louder.

As for the header sound, not much way around that.  Wraping the header might
work but I have never tried that.

Harold

In a message dated 6/20/2003 11:32:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,