RE: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===

To: "'Tommy Thompson'" <segerguy@yahoo.com>, "Stewart, Scot (GEAE)" <Scot.Stewart@ae.ge.com>, "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic===
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:42:16 -0400
Cc: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I used to suffer like that with Canadian Tire, a cross-country chain up
here. It isn't just the dreaded "universal" term. It goes for anything that
is not specifically for a unique car.

I'll never forget going there and asking the computer monkey, er I mean
"Parts Consultant" at the desk for 6' of 5/16" gas line. "What cars that
for?". I gave the only reply possible under such circumstances, "It's for a
machine that uses 6' of 5/16" gas line". "But I need to know the model" he
bleated plaintively. I responded "Why, is 5/16" different on certain
machines?"... I was starting to collect an audience by the time I fought it
out of his hands. Frustrated? I was ready to wrap it around his neck in a
nautically correct clove hitch and stuff the loose ends up his nose.

Avoid the dreaded "Universal" term with anybody who doesn't look like they
know much. It will save you exercising the old blood pressure. That'sll keep
your universal pump in working order.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6