Re: TR7 that will not start

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR7 that will not start
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:54:58 -0400
Cc: "INTERNET:SDOliner@aol.com" <SDOliner@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net
I'm perplexed. A "professional" requires help diagnosing a problem like
this? The TR7 isn't any different than most other cars of the time, at
least in this regard. It's a good deal less complicated than a modern car.

Air/fuel in the proper mixture, proper compression (mechanical timing),
and spark at the proper time (ignition timing). If it isn't starting,
something is wrong with one of the things.

I'm glad he's not my mechanic.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph