Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:42:12 -0700
> In that case, I'd be looking at the linkage itself.  My problem turned out
> to be "ball" pivots that were worn oblong.  When I snugged up the mating
> sockets, they would bind at the limit of movement where the wear was the
> least.   Made me much more religious about feeding them a drop of oil
every
> year or two.

Randall, yes, thank you, that could be contributing.  I spray them with
white lithium grease on occasion but they could well have been in "oval"
shape before long before I got the car.

> If you can duplicate the problem by turning and releasing the throttle
shaft
> directly, try it with the linkage disconnected.  If the problem goes away,
> then it has to be the linkage.

Good idea, thanks.

There is supposed to be a separate spring to
> return the linkage, the springs on the throttle shafts should only have to
> turn the shafts themselves.

 Yes there is a spring on the linkage.  The other end is connected to the
manifold

Bob