Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:38:42 -0700
> - As per Geo Hahn, I went to pull the plug wire from the spark plug to see
> if I was getting a worse situation.  I had on a heavy leather glove to
> protect from heat, always a good precaution.  But as I went to touch the
> plug cap, ZAP, I got a spark shot through my arm to the other hand that
was
> touching the fender.  Is this right?  I have the standard plastic plug
caps
> and bumblebee wires?

Charging! Clear! Zap! crank it up to 300, no heart beat Doc, he's a goner
:-) That really does make you stand up and hit your head on the bonnet,
doesn't it?  A good rule of thumb when dealing with electricity is to always
keep one hand in your pocket.  Seriously, unless you removed the wire and
stuck your finger in the socket, I don't believe you would get a shock
unless there is a fault in the wire or the plug cap.

> I can add further detail to die/idle drop thing.  When the idle is about
> drop I do the quick 1-2 step take her out of gear and use the left foot to
> brake and try to feather the gas.  This works sometimes but others, no
> matter how much I try she will no come back and will stall.  When I try to
> restart she will "burp" a start them die again, trying this 5+ times then
> she will simply start like nothing happened.  I tried to use no gas on
> restart, another time used gas all with the same results.

Could be vapor lock?

Bob