Re: Louisiana.....(was: anywhere in the world)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Louisiana.....(was: anywhere in the world)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:50:09 +0100
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, at around 15:15:08 local time, "Smith, Brian
(Inland-Gaylord)" <BSmith51@ICCNET.COM> wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Before you start getting everybody's hopes up and filling the bayous around
>Rayne, you better tell them the rest of the story. Like where our education
>system ranks, and the rate of teen pregnancy.

Brian,

To continue with the comparisons between Louisiana and UK: the
educational standards of our state schools (= US public schools) stink.
Many state schools have such a high proportion of teenage mothers that
they have had to open crhches for the babies, and to add breast-feeding
and childcare to the curriculum.

>  You must live outside the
>city limits...and have a Parish School System.  Here in Bogalusa, we have a
>city school system and my property taxes are over $550 a year (no homestead
>exception for city property taxes)

You poor thing.

> and I can't send my daughter to the
>public schools.

I don't send my sons to state schools either, and my property taxes are
eight times yours!

>  I used to live in Lake Charles and the my property taxes
>there were 1/5 of the taxes I have now.  And the food was better on your
>side of the State as well!

Oh, yes, I had forgotten about our cuisine.   Fish and chips; sausage
and mash; toad in the hole; spotted dick; meat and three veg.   Can't
hold a candle to Cajun cookery.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671