FW: Connecting rods TR6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Connecting rods TR6
From: "Roger Helman" <rhelman@xmission.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:35:37 -0600 tests=BAYES_01,MSGID_GOOD_EXCHANGE,ORIGINAL_MESSAGE version=2.54
        From personal experience, when you push the stock TR6 motor above ~6000
for
any length of time things tend to fly off or break. I have broken a crank
and thrown several rods on different occasions. Rods are in my experience
are generally problem from worn bearings, but crank was me racing a high
school buddy in a CRX on I-10 towards El Paso from San Antonio at 100+ mph.

Roger