Re: Ghosts in the Machine

To: <Bill.Williams@hp.com>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ghosts in the Machine
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:24:35 -0600
Bill, the return spring is inside the electrical switch itself.  While you can
buy a new one, they are sometimes repairable.  You just open up the three
little fingers and separate the unit, making sure to open slowly since there
are three springs for making contacts plus the return spring and a ball
bearing.  Or wait for the TRF unit and repair the old one for a spare.

John - 1976 TR6

Bill wrote:>
Here's my question, when you turn the key to the right to start and then
release the key, there should be a return spring action to move the key
back to the left.  Does that return spring action come from the
electrical switch, or from the locking mechanism assembly that contains
the lock itself?  I've tried both and there's no spring return.  If it
is suppose to be in the electrical switch, then I know mine is
definitely shot.