Re: TR6 Stub Axle Removal

To: "Jerry Greenberg" <jerrygreenberg@earthlink.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Stub Axle Removal
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:57:24 -0400
Jerry, From what you have written it seems that you have some real problems
with work done by the previous owner. My recommendation would be to remove the
vertical link with or without the caliper attached. Disconnect the tie rod and
the top and bottom of the link. Get it out on the bench and get things fixed
correctly. I do think you'll need to have the stub axle removed by a shop with
a press. Then you can reassemble everything properly. If I were you I'd check
out the other side for the same problems and fix them before you get stuck the
same way.
Jerry Van Vlack