TR6 exhaust removal

To: "Collins, Keith" <KCollins@howost.com>
Subject: TR6 exhaust removal
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:56:48 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h3LIxxio030243
Message text written by "Collins, Keith"
>I'm doing u-joints on a '75 TR6. Got the driveshaft unhooked on both
sides,
but the exhaust won't come apart after the front pipe so I can drop the
shaft down and out. Anyone have any clever ideas I'm missing? Or is it
hacksaw time...
<

Keith, I seem to recall that you may have to pull the transmission to get
the driveshaft out.  If you don't have overdrive you may get it out by just
pulling the rear mount but I don't know.

If you think that's bad try working on an XKE.

Dave