TR6 Rear Lights

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Rear Lights
From: Scott Suhring <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:14:47 -0400
I had mentioned having a problem with my rear brake lights remaining light
when I had the lights turned on with my '70 TR6.  Finally got around to
looking into this today by cleaning all of the connections, paying
particular attention to the ground wire.  Well, the end result is that the
right light now functions properly: brake light works when lights are off,
light (red) comes on when lights are turned on and brake light comes on when
lights are on.  Problem is that the left side is still acting as previously
described and now the rear turn signal light does not flash.  Checked the
bulb on the turn signal (amber) and it is fine.  The left side is where the
ground wire attaches to the back of the  rear lights bracket.  Any thoughts
would be greatly appreciated since electricals is not my strength.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3