Question For '76 TR6 Owners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question For '76 TR6 Owners
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:45:26 EDT
Help...I need a quick report from your instrument panel!!!

I was all set to fit the new dashboard into my '76 TR6 - something I only
want to do once - when I noticed that my "Hazard" and "Wipe/Wash" lamp
fixtures (the small black rectangular light fixtures that stick on the dash)
have red lenses and glow red at night.

Bill Piggott's TR4/25/6 book shows photos of a late TR6 with the same lamp
fixtures appearing to have a red background as well.  Yet, at our last
Triumph club meeting, the same lamp fixtures on two late TR6's (one of them a
'76) lit up greenish at night (the same color as the other gauges).

May I ask you to turn on your lights and tell me what color those two lamp
fixtures are?  I wonder if the lens color was changed late in production...my
commission number if CF57822U (July, 1976)

TIA,

Chip Krout
Skippack, PA  USA

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built!
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - ready for spring