RE: Car film

To: "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car film
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:56:09 -0400
It's the clearest possible indication that you can't warm up the entire
human body by just heating the palms of the hands. As a student I worked a
few 4-month summer sessions in the foundry of a zinc smelter as a caster.
(it paid better than my earlier work as a computer programmer) On rotating
shifts, I got the evening shift for a few weeks at a time. It was usually
way over 120 degrees in the factory during the day when I started. Then I
would come out at night and drive home at midnight on the highway along the
side of the river. At the beginning of the summer the water was only about
40 degrees maximum. With no sun in the sky, that was the temperature of the
air and about 100% humidity (misty). I would drive 45 minutes to work under
the sun in t-shirt and shorts during the day and come out and shiver myself
senseless on the way home. About 20 minutes into the trip you would get used
to it (numb) and cruise along fairly happily. But once home, I'd get off the
bike with my arms locked into this gorilla grip (elbows out, fists clenched)
and do my Mr. Hyde imitation getting into the house.

Mark