Re: Raccoons, I have raccoons! Little LBC content.

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Raccoons, I have raccoons! Little LBC content.
From: ExTR3A@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:37:04 EDT
I had a raccoon take up residence in a window well under my deck last year.
Not easy to get him to leave, either.  I tried a number of things, including
blowing cigar smoke through the vent in the glass block window, etc.  After a
few days, I decided to try the direct approach and I poked at him a little
through the vent with an unbent coat hanger.  I don't want to say that his
response made me run and scream like a little girl, but I think I tore my
dress.  Let's just say they can respond very aggressively.

What finally worked was waiting for him to leave one night, then spraying the
whole window well down -- just saturating the entire area -- with Febreeze,
the odor-removing stuff designed for use in the laundry.  He never came back.

Chris Eck
Triumphless
59 Bugeye
99 M Roadster