RE: Raccoons, I have raccoons! Little LBC content.

To: "'Hugh Barber'" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>, David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Raccoons, I have raccoons! Little LBC content.
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:25:09 -0400
Hmmm I'd be afraid of holing both the raccoon and the TR6 with a pistol at
short range. There are some quite effective ultrasonic plug in modules that
you can buy for less than $25 They will usually keep away rodents and I
believe raccoons.

We have lots of those guys around the house. It's not a good idea to try and
trap them yourself as they will scratch if cornered too closely and as Hugh
said they are sometimes carrying nasty bugs.

Usually they avoid areas of high traffic and as soon as you start moving
around the garage for more than a day or so your scent is too fresh for them
to stick around. The best thing is to make sure that there is nothing about
that they can eat. If you have been keeping your garbage in the garage then
that's what's attracting them. Keep your garbage in an outside container. A
small Rubbermaid 2'x4' storage unit for 2 garbage cans has worked out well
for me. It got a few gnaw marks until they realised that it was futile. You
will need to lock down the top, since they are quite clever about lifting
lids etc. Often they can get into places that they cannot escape from. Then
you get a nasty surprise when they leap out as you open the door.

Mark Hooper