re: TR 4 help needed

To: dschlei@pressenter.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR 4 help needed
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:11:41 EST
Dietmar,
Do you think you have an internal hydraulic leak (fluid leaking past check
valve between resevoir and piston chamber on master cylinder)?  Are you
loosing fluid at slave or master (wet and level going down)? Did you use
highest quality rubber rebuild kit available? If you are not loosing fluid
past your two pistons you may have an internal leak at the little rubber
check valve.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>>Can anybody tell me what the symptoms of a worn clutch master cylinder
are?  I had the following condition:  after not using the clutch for
several minutes, the pedal went all the way  down, with two or three pumps
I was able to get full pressure again, to go away in a few minutes again.

I just replaced all seals with a rebuild kit, and I replaced the hose to
the slave cylinder but the problem did not go away! <<