RE: TR8 help needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR8 help needed
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:32:42 EST
Cc: JRossi727@aol.com
 Hi John, I trust this will help:

1) Fuel pump is located on the EXTERIOR of the
    rear bulkhead of the body. The large fuel filter is
    immediately below it. If you jack up the rear of the
    car and look underneath from the rear, you can't
    miss it. You can easily test the fuel pump to see if it
    operating by connecting test leads to it from the
    battery located in the trunk (boot).

2) The fuel pump reset switch is located at the rear of
    the left inner fender, adjacent and below the clutch
    master cylinder. It should be a black square box with
    a round plunger switch at the top. Ensure the plunger
    in the fully down position. Try cycling it up and down.
    This is not a particularly well designed unit for the rather
    hellish environment of a TR8 engine bay. IF THE PUMP IS
    NOT WORKING GO HERE FIRST. Jump the leads on the
    unit and see if your pump starts. These units do go
    gunnysack. Make sure you are cranking your engine
    when you test with jumped leads.

3) The "serving" fuel pump. I am sorry but I don't know
    what you mean here. Are you asking for a part number?
    Fuel pressure requirements?

4)  Removing the fuel tank. Do you have a ROM for this
     vehicle?  If not, I might suggest getting one. Off hand,
     I don't remember the operational sequence for removing
     and re-installing a fuel tank for an injection car. Is yours
     leaking or damaged in some way? Why do you want to
     remove it?  I can probably scan of fax a copy of the ROM
     instructions to you.

     Kirk Yonker
     81 TR8 fi
     Seattle