Re: TR4 Gearbox Oil Change

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Gearbox Oil Change
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:35:46 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Never tried that George but it might work if you had a long enough hose. The
question I would have is how do you know when you have filled it with enough
fluid?
I use an Industrial size syringe that I bought from Sears in the 70's just for
this purpose. I suck the oil out of the bottle and then inject it into the
trans from underneath the car. Works great. I suppose you could find one of
these tools at a good auto parts store like a NAPA store. Can't say that I've
seen one for a long time however.
Jerry Van Vlack